[openib-general] port space

Eric Barton eeb at bartonsoftware.com
Fri Mar 31 04:02:26 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm implementing the lustre network driver for openib gen2, and I'm looking at
the RDMA CM APIs for connection establishment.  I'd appreciate it if anyone
could answer some questions for me.  And if the answer is RTFM, could someone
kindly tell me where to find the FM?

1. Am I correct to think rdma_listen() will listen on ALL HCAs/ports unless I
   first bind it to a specific IP address?  Can I enumerate these IP addresses
   beforehand (other than by SIOCGIFADDR on "ib*").

2. Does the 'backlog' parameter to rdma_listen() do anything?  I see
   rdma_listen() set id_priv->backlog from it, but that seems to be after it
   could have been used.

3. I'm not sure I understand enum rdma_port_space.  Is it just there to carve
   up the service number space between different ULPs?  If I use RDMA_PS_TCP,
   will this not conflict potentially with IPoIB sockets?

Thanks.

--

                Cheers,
                        Eric

|Eric Barton        Barton Software               |
|9 York Gardens     Tel:    +44 (117) 330 1575    |
|Clifton            Mobile: +44 (7909) 680 356    |
|Bristol BS8 4LL    Fax:    call first            |
|United Kingdom     E-Mail:                       |