[openib-general] RFC: detecting duplicate MAD requests

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon May 1 11:18:39 PDT 2006

>Aren't there 3 cases possible here: (1) non RMPP request/RMPP response
>(e.g. SA GetTable for one), (2) RMPP request/RMPP response (e.g. SA
>GetMulti), and (3) RMPP request/non RMPP response (I don't think this
>currently exists but may be mistaken). Are all handled on the
>initiator/requester side ? Are the changes only for case (2) ?

For case 1, we don't have DS RMPP.  For case 2, we have DS RMPP.

And I don't believe that case 3 exists either, but would end up being treated as
DS RMPP by the implementation.  If case 3 doesn't exist, then I think we can
come up with a generic way to identify DS RMPP that doesn't require checking
class or methods.  If case 3 does exist, then I think we'll need class / method
checking to identify DS RMPP.