[openib-general] RFC: detecting duplicate MAD requests

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue May 2 21:15:39 PDT 2006

>> And I don't believe that case 3 exists either, but would end up being treated
>as
>> DS RMPP by the implementation.
>
>Why ? Just wondering...
>
>> If case 3 doesn't exist, then I think we can
>> come up with a generic way to identify DS RMPP that doesn't require checking
>> class or methods.
>
>How ?

The MAD layer can assume that any RMPP request that expects a response is DS
RMPP.  This is a simple check that doesn't involve looking at the class or
method.

If the check is incorrect, and it's an RMPP request followed by a non-RMPP
response, then we send an extra ACK of the final ACK.  I'm not sure if the extra
ACK would cause any problems.

>> If case 3 does exist, then I think we'll need class / method
>> checking to identify DS RMPP.
>
>By doesn't exist, do you mean not possible in the architecture or no
>current use cases like this ?

No use cases.