[openib-general] Dump and load routes with opensm?

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu May 4 10:08:54 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 12:55, Greg Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:39:38PM -0400, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 12:34, Greg Johnson wrote:
> > > Is there currently a way to dump and load routes with opensm?  If not,
> > > how would I go about writing one?
> >
> > Is it really routes or stable LIDs you want ?
>
> I actually want routes.

OpenSM calculates the unicast and multicast routes and populates the
(unicast and multicast) forwarding tables.

> I have queried them with ibtraceroute and ibroute,

ibroute dumps the forwarding tables and ibtracert traces the path from a
source to a destination so these are displaying how OpenSM has setup the
fabric which is a function of the routing algorithm chosen and the
physical topology (which may be dynamic).

> but we need routes for the whole fabric.

Unicast, multicast, or both ? Just to look at ? There is no way to load
these into OpenSM.

> BTW, if you call ibtraceroute thousands of times it stops working.

Any more info on how it fails ? What version of diags, the management
libraries, and the kernel (including OpenIB svn if that is being used)
are you using ?

> Maybe a problem in the MAD driver?

Not sure as I haven't seen this.

-- Hal