[openib-general] Re: SA MultiPathRecord v.PathRecord

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu May 4 10:54:58 PDT 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>>To me, this feature seems most useful for all-to-all type connections, but would
>>require some sort of coordination between connecting end-points in order to have
>>fault independent connections between different nodes.  E.g. the connection from
>>A to B is independent from the connection between C and D.
>
> I don't understand what end node coordination you are referring to here
> in terms of this.

Today, connections are established from the local node to some given destination
without considering what other connections may exist between other nodes.  For
example, an app may select a path to connect A to B based on the connection from
C to D.

I'm just trying to determine how an implementation can make use of MPR to
understand the best way to expose it.  The use of MPR over just path records
seems complex.