[openib-general] Dump and load routes with opensm?

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Sat May 6 22:31:53 PDT 2006

Hi Greg,

A plan for OpenSM to support loading unicast routes already exists.
To do it we need to develop a scheme where the routes file also holds
the topology using GUIDs
such that the discovered topology is compared to the saved one. I have
outlined the algorithm in
the attached writeup on OpenSM routing algorithms section 6:
"Incremental Algorithms".

The right place to implement this will be to have the osm_db* enhanced
to support this new DB domain.
Then the osm_ucast_mgr.c will need to initialize the DB and use it while
routing.

Regarding dump of existing tables:

If you run opensm -V or -D 0x43 you should get the file /tmp/osm.fdbs
with that dump.
You can also use a more SM independent method for obtaining the tables :
if you run ibdiagnet you should get the file /tmp/ibdiagnet.fdbs with
similar format.

Eitan