[openib-general] Re: CMA: compliancy issue?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon May 8 12:55:50 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Fine, but rdma_reject will have to alter the state then, to avoid RTU
> after REJ.

It should be able to work just as it does for userspace.  The user either calls
accept or reject.  The IB CM will not send an RTU if a REJ has been sent.

I think that the real issue here is that the CMA determines whether to hand the
REP to the user based on if it has a QP.  This was done to support userspace.
SDP wants the CMA to manage its QP, but still wants to see the REP.  What I need
to determine is if it's easier/better for SDP to manage the QP itself, or to
change the CMA to expose the REP when it manages the QP states.