[openib-general] CMA: port 2 loopback problems

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Mon May 8 21:49:18 PDT 2006

On 5/9/06, Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote:
>     Or> Michael, can you educate me a little here, how does this
>     Or> loopback works? is there a special case within the HCA saying
>     Or> "if QPX.DLID is MY LID then move packets directly from QPX.TX
>     Or> queue to QPY.RX queue" or is it something else?
>
> Yes, see the compliance statement C17-18 on page 1028 of the IB spec:
>
>   C17-18: HCAs shall allow packets with a destination address the same
>   as that of the port on which the packet is issued. Such a loopback
>   packet shall not go onto the wire.

thanks! you have answered to me on a three years old question and its
RTFM ... the IB "M" is size is sort of "F" so... anyway, what DLID
should be set in the path of such QPs? also per your understanding
(and experience...) what is happening when the port gets active, does
it influence loopback QPs or they just keep working as they did
before?

Or.