[openib-general] rdma_cm.h: comment nits.

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed May 10 11:13:56 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> BTW, Sean, could you please explain why is RESPONSE event IB-specific?
> Does not it match Syn/Ack in the TCP 3-way handshake?

I didn't think that even iWarp exposed the TCP connection messages to the users.
  Plus iWarp connections can be formed over an existing TCP connection.

> What I am trying to say, why are you returning ESTABLISHED on the active side at
> all? Maybe we should always pass RESPONSE on active side and only pass
> ESTABLISHED on passive side. TCP certainly seems to make a distinction between
> these.

The intent is to keep connection establishment simple.  Socket users are used to
  calling connect on the active side, and listen/accept on the passive side.
The RDMA CM interface is consistent with that.