[openib-general] 2.6.17 and 2.6.18 merge plans

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed May 10 16:41:40 PDT 2006

As the 2.6.17 release cycle starts to wrap up, I thought it would be a
good time to send out a report on my status, and a request for patches.

All I have queued up for 2.6.17 that isn't upstream already is the
one-liner patch fixing the ipath PCI device ID table.  If there is
anything else you think should be in 2.6.17, please send me a patch
against the for-2.6.17 branch of my git tree [1].  I know pathscale at
least is sitting on ipath patches, and the window to get them into
2.6.17 is probably not all that big.

For 2.6.18, I have the following major things already queued (in
addition to a trivial mthca patch):

 - CMA.  Sean, I think there have been a lot of updates to the cma
   since the last time you updated me.  Can you send me a patch to
   resync my for-2.6.18 branch with the latest code for upstream?

 - SRP FMRs.

In addition I am planning on the following for 2.6.18 already:

 - iSER.  Just waiting for Or to send patches with proper changelogs
   and Signed-off-by: lines.

 - SRP tunable parameters.  I just need to review and merge the
   patches, but I don't expect any holdup here.

If there's something else you would like merged for 2.6.18, please
send out patches soon, so that they can be reviewed and ready to go
when 2.6.18 opens up.

Thanks,
  Roland

[1]  My git tree can be cloned from
     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git