[openib-general] question regarding GRH flag in ib_ah_attr

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu May 11 10:21:08 PDT 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Anytime the send is off the local subnet (as well as multicast), a GRH
> is required. Also, there is a management response rule for responding
> when the request contained a GRH that require a GRH (13.5.4.4 p. 769).

Reading through the responses, I think my problems are worse.  Now I'm not even
sure how I determine which remote node I'm trying to talk to short of
hard-coding the DGID...

We currently use ARP to resolve an IP address to a DGID, which I don't believe
will work across a router.  Does an app even know enough to be able to get a
path record?