[openib-general] CMA IPv6 support

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun May 14 07:21:43 PDT 2006

Sean, CMA currently does not support IPv6 addresses at all. Is that right?

However, while I don't have immediate need to make real IPv6 addressing to work,
some applications (notably Java) always use AF_INET6 sockets for both IPv4 and
IPv6 communications. (Applications that want to restrict their use of AF_INET6
socket to IPv6 communications only can set the IPV6_V6ONLY option).

I suggest implementing the support for IPv6 mapped IPv4 addresses in CMA
as a first step, with an eye towards full IPv6 support in the future.

What do you think?

--
MST