[openib-general] CMA IPv6 support

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon May 15 09:44:43 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com>:
> >I suggest implementing the support for IPv6 mapped IPv4 addresses in CMA as a
> >first step, with an eye towards full IPv6 support in the future.
> >
> >What do you think?
>
> I agree that it needs to be added.  What I lack at the moment is the time
> to do it.  I don't think that it would be a huge effort to add proper
> support, so I'd rather not put in a temporary solution.

OK. May we discuss the design/API for now?

My understading is an IPv4 socket should only listen on IPv4 requests,
while IPv6 socket should listen on both IPv4 and IPv6, unless
IPV6_V6ONLY is set.

Is that right? What will the API be for this? Maybe create_cm_id should get an
address family parameter?

--
MST