[openib-general] FTP over SDP is not working fine-[newbie]

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Mon May 15 23:23:17 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 06:07:28AM +0100, keshetti mahesh wrote:
> hi
>
> i was trying to make some applications run using SDP
> all the socket based applications developed by me  are working fine but FTP is giving error at the time of connection setup itself
>
> i am using openIB gen2 stack (with sdp_historic)
>  i have configured the libsdp.conf for all hosts
> >export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libsdp.so
> >export LIBSDP_CONFIG_FILE=/etc/libsdp.conf
> >service vsftpd restart
>
> >ftp 192.168.3.242
> >connect failed: network unreachable (but it is actually reachable- ihavce tried ping)
>
> do i need to configure anything  to make FTP work over SDP

You might make sure LD_PRELOAD is set on the client side too.
It's clear you've done the server side.

Then check the libsdp.conf file on both sides to make sure SDP
is enabled respectively for both vsftpd server and ftp client
on the respective machines.

I prefer to just allow _all_ services in the libsdp.conf
and then selectively enable SDP for services by prefixing the command
line with LD_PRELOAD like this:
	LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libsdp.so ftp

That's instead of exporting the LD_PRELOAD.
Makes the libsdp.conf file much simpler and works for the
simple things I do.

hth,
grant