[openib-general] Re: PATCH] enhancement to rdma_bw and rdma_lat to utilize the RDMA CM

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue May 16 07:57:50 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Steve Wise <swise at opengridcomputing.com>:
> Subject: Re: PATCH] enhancement to rdma_bw and rdma_lat to utilize the RDMA CM
>
> On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 17:41 +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > Quoting r. Steve Wise <swise at opengridcomputing.com>:
> > > Subject: PATCH] enhancement to rdma_bw and rdma_lat to utilize the RDMA CM
> > >
> > > I don't know who maintains src/userspace/perftest, but here is a patch
> > > set that enables rdma_bw and rdma_lat to use the RDMA_CM with the
> > > addition of the -c or --cma flag.
> > >

> > I'm worried that this makes the program too big. Maybe this should be
> > another test rather than an option?
> >

> ok.  You want it as a separate pair of programs?

I guess we'll see once there's the minimum patch that only affects the
connection setup.  If the changes can be localised to just the pp routines, then
I think it still fits as part of the same test.

> > > The rkey/addr info is exchanged in the private data, and SEND/RECV's are used
> > > to sync the client/server before and after execution.
> >
> > Do we really need SEND/RECV messages for this?
> > I think I get completion with error once the remote side has disconnected. No?
> >

> perhaps.  I just thought it was cleaner to synch up at the end.  Just
> like the non-cma version does over the TCP socket (see
> pp_client_exch_dest() / pp_server_exch_dest() at the end of the test).

Yes, using pp_client_exch_dest/pp_server_exch_dest now looks like
not a good idea. Need to think back to why do we need this at all.

--
MST