[openib-general] AMSO1100 + uverbs: ping and opensm errors after installation

Kasten, ChristopherX B christopherx.b.kasten at intel.com
Tue May 16 16:57:55 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the AMSO1100 Ethernet card to work with
uverbs.

I have installed uverbs from the Installation Cheat Sheet
https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Installation+Cheat+Sheet,
substituting amso where mthca is listed (for the most part).  I also
have updated the AMMASSO firmware using the file from
http://www.opengridcomputing.com/downloads/ogc_amso_kit_20060308.tgz.

My linux kernel is 2.6.16.15, and the ib... & iw_c2 modules are loading
successfully at boot.

When I try to ping another AMMASSO machine I get the following output:

ping: sndmsg: Network is down

accompanied by a dmesg report:

      Virtual device iw1 asks to queue packet!

The following is printed when running ibv_devinfo:

hca_id:     amso0

      fw_ver:                       1.1.1

      node_guid:                    000d:b200:0845:0000

      sys_image_guid:               000d:b200:0844:0000

      vendor_id:                    0x0000

      vendor_part_id:               0

      hw_ver:                       0x0

      board_id:                     AMSO1100 Board ID

      phys_port_cnt:                1

            port: 1

                  state:            PORT_ACTIVE (4)

                  max_mtu:          4096 (5)

                  active_mtu:       512 (2)

                  sm_lid:           0

                  port_lid:         0

                  port_lmc:         0x00

It looks like some values are not being initialized.

Lastly, running opensm prints:

OpenSM Rev:openib-1.2.0

Command Line Arguments:

 Log File: /var/log/osm.log

OpenSM Rev:openib-1.2.0

Using default guid 0x0

Error: Could not get port guid

Exiting SM

Does anyone know which step(s) I've missed in correctly setting up my
network?

Thanks for the help,

Chris