[openib-general] OpenIB 1.0 RC + PathScale problem

Tim Miller btmiller at helix.nih.gov
Wed May 17 21:11:22 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I'm trying to test the 1.0 RC branch from subversion with PathScale
InfiniPath HT-460 (I've used previous versions with some success). The
code compiles successfully, and I can run ibv_rc_pingpong and even a
simple MPI program. But when I try to run my main application, I get the
following error:

libibverbs: Warning: couldn't load driver
/usr/local/lib/infiniband/libipathverbs.so:
/usr/local/lib/infiniband/libipathverbs.so: undefined symbol:
ibv_cmd_poll_cq

Does anyone know what might cause this error? I ran an nm on
libipathverbs.so and saw ibv_cmd_poll_cq and I found it in the libibverbs
source, too, so I'm a bit confused about what the root cause of this is.

My apologies if this has already been raised. I took a quick look in the
archives and did not see anything off hand that matches this.

Thanks,
Tim M.

--
Tim Miller
System Administrator -- Laboratory of Computational Biology