[openib-general] OFED RC4 also can't support >2000 connections

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 03:53:06 PDT 2006

I modified squid to let it listening on sdp socket
directly.
Client Side:
  SIMPLE_LIBSDP=1 LD_PRELOAD=libsdp.so ./lt-ab -c 1000
-n 1000 -X 193.12.10.l4:3129
http://www.google.com/index.html
Server Side:
   ./squid -d 10 -f squid.conf (listening on http_port
193.12.10.14:3129, socket is opened in sdp way)
The test results are:
(1) no kernel panic
(2) when concurrent connections is 100, performance is
not stable. sometimes is ok. sometimes is slower than
TCP.
(3) when connections are set to 1000, there always
100~300 requests failure.
(4) when connections are set to 2000, there are many
"ib_sdp WARN: Failed to allocate buffer page" warnings
(5) at last, when connections are set to 3000, "Cannot
allocate Memory(12)" error occurred and never build
connection to server.  SDP can't work forever.

I think there is some bugs, now I'm looking up the
source code, But I'm not so familiar about the code,so
I think I can't solve the problem fast.  I hope
someone who is responsible sdp development to test sdp
intensively and correct the bug, then sdp will be some
product grade and not just stay conceptual stage.

  tks
  zhu