[openib-general] OpenIB 1.0 RC + PathScale problem

Tim Miller btmiller at helix.nih.gov
Thu May 18 12:41:38 PDT 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006, Tim Miller wrote:

> Thanks to Bryan, Jack, and yourself for responding. I suspect it is a library
> issue, but I'm having some trouble tracking down the exact source of the
> problem. The first odd thing that doing an nm of
> /usr/local/lib/infiniband/ipathverbs.so shows ibv_cmd_poll_cq is indeed
> undefined (the symbol is defined in libibverbs.so). Here's the ldd output for
> ipathverbs.so:
>
> tim at o8:/usr/local/lib 165$ ldd infiniband/ipathverbs.so
>        libc.so.6 => /lib64/tls/libc.so.6 (0x00002b01d0d00000)
>        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000555555554000)
>
> Oddly, it doesn't seem to depend on libibverbs. Is that normal? If not, I
> must be doing something wrong in building the libraries. I tried uninstalling
> all the userspace stuff (via make uninstall) and reconfiguring/remaking after
> a make clean in the source dir. I built, in order, libibverbs, libipathvers,
> and libmthca. Is that the correct way to do things (it's what I got from the
> quickstart Wiki entry)?

Replying to my own post, it seems like the Makefile for libipathverbs is
missing -libverbs. I added this and it gets rid of the error about uthe
missing symbol. My application is still segfaulting, but I'm not sure if
this is OpenIB's fault, though.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Miller
System Administrator -- Laboratory of Computational Biology