[openib-general] Howto setup rping and krping for OpenIB with AMSO1100

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu May 18 17:46:09 PDT 2006

    ChristopherX> Hello, After spending some time installing OpenIB
    ChristopherX> with AMSO1100, I have managed to get rping and
    ChristopherX> krping to work.  Here is a howto document describing
    ChristopherX> the steps I took in the process.  This does not get
    ChristopherX> opensm to work, as I am still getting a port guid
    ChristopherX> error on that front.

Thanks for the documentation.  Perhaps you could add it to the
openib.org wiki?

It doesn't make sense to run OpenSM with the Ammasso device or with
any iWARP/ethernet device.  Subnet managers are strictly an InfiniBand
concept.

Maybe OpenSM should look at the node_type entry in sysfs and print a
more informative message if someone tries to run it on an iWARP RNIC?

 - R.