[openib-general] [Question]Fast Registration Work Request and Fast Memory Regions

Ian Jiang ianjiang.ict at gmail.com
Wed May 24 19:19:56 PDT 2006

Hi all!
In IBA spec. 1.2 defines a Fast Registration Work Request and it should be
used together with the Allocate L Key verb to get a fast registration in my
opinion. Fast Memory Regions is used in the ULPs of IB Stack, such as kDAPL,
iSER.
The two comfuse me very much. I don't think they are the same thing but I
cann't tell the difference between them.
Would anybody give an explaination on how they work and where they are
usually used?
Thanks very much and best wish!
--
Ian Jiang