[openib-general] Running MVAPICH2 with SLURM Process Manager

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 24 20:24:47 PDT 2006

Hi Don,

> We are running  mvapich2-0.9.3-RC0 with  OFED1.0 RC4 and have had good
> results.

Thanks for doing this testing. Glad to know that it works with OFED1.0
RC4. Please note that we made a formal release of MVAPICH2-0.9.3
during the weekend.

> We would like to use the SLURM resource manager with this combination
> rather than MPD
> but it does not appear to be one of the choices avaliable. Does anyone
> have any
> experience in this area?
>
>     ./configure  --prefix=${PREFIX} ${MULTI_THREAD} \
>     --with-device=osu_ch3:mrail --with-rdma=gen2 --with-pm=mpd \
>     --disable-romio --without-mpe 2>&1 |tee config-mine.log
>
>    --with-pm=mpd
>    We would have liked to have seen an option for slurm.

Thanks for this suggestion. We have not tested MVAPICH2 with SLURM. To
the best of our knowledge, SLURM works with MPICH2/MPD.  Thus, there
should not be a problem for MVAPICH2 to work with SLURM. (I believe
some of the MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 users do so.) We are taking a look at it
and will get back to you.

Best Regards,

DK