[openib-general] krping test utility

Devesh Sharma devesh28 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 23:00:54 PDT 2006

On 5/24/06, Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote:

>     Devesh> Hello all, In the krping test utility get_dma_mr is called
>     Devesh> with access premissions
>     Devesh>
> IB_ACCESS_LOCAL_WRITE|IB_ACCESS_REMOTE_WRITE|IB_ACCESS_REMOTE_READ,
>     Devesh> But the lkey we get from get_dma_mr is similar to reserved
>     Devesh> lkey with which only Local operations are allowed, but
>     Devesh> here it seems violating that statement.
>
> No, ib_get_dma_mr() returns an L_Key/R_Key with exactly the
> permissions requested.

According to previous disscussions on openIb fourm about ib_get_dma_mr I
have an impression that lkey returned from ib_get_dma_mr is similar to
Reserved L_Key specified in IBTA spec. But now usage in Krping is requesting
remote Read/Write premissions also, So this is confusing me, please clarify
this.

- R.