[openib-general] Re: which dapl/udapl changes in trunk should be imported into OFED branch? (patch enclosed)

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Thu May 25 06:36:09 PDT 2006

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Jack Morgenstein wrote:

> On Thursday 25 May 2006 01:22, James Lentini wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 May 2006, Jack Morgenstein wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Below is a patch file of differences between the OFED dapl library
> > > and the openib main trunk dapl library.
> > >
> > > Please indicate which of the dapl library changes are necessary for
> > > the Intel MPI to work correctly in OFED.
> >
> > How recent is the ucm code in OFED?
>
> I'm not really sure what you mean when you say "ucm code", so I'll try to
> cover all the bases.
>
> PLEASE respond ASAP, since this is holding up release of OFED RC5.  We need to
> build TODAY for testing over our weekend (which is Friday and Saturday)..
>
> Userspace:
>
> 1. libibcm:  trunk most recent (includes "ib_xxxx" to "ibv_xxx" name changes).
> 2. libibrdma: trunk rev 7079 (May 10).   subsequent fixes to cmatose and rping
>     not included.  Also, the OFED librdmacm.spec.in file has REVISION 2, while
>     the trunk has REVISION 1 -- we'll fix this.

With librdmacm you should be using the current sources in the trunk
(revision 7141, May 12)

> Kernel:

As long as the libibcm and librdmacm are working with your kernel,
uDAPL should work with the kernel.

I'm not familiar with what is needed by Intel MPI. My
understanding is that Intel MPI works with revision 7141, but you
should confirm that with Arlin.