[openib-general] Re: [IPoIB] executing iperf over IPoIB causes to multicast (IP) packets to be recieved out-of-order

Eli Cohen eli at mellanox.co.il
Thu May 25 06:37:14 PDT 2006

> This is on back to back. I don't think hardware does this - this is
> ipoib software thing.

I saw this problem with unicast UD datagrams as well. This was on Fedora
C4 kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp. I verified that the packets arrived in
order just before calling netif_rx_ni() by peeking into the ip and udp
layers. After that I tried this on kernel 2.6.16.17 and the there were
no out of order reports. So I guess this was a Linux networking stack
problem that was resolved in newer kernels.