[openib-general] Running MVAPICH2 with SLURM Process Manager

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu May 25 09:34:51 PDT 2006

    Ira> I have been meaning to ping the list to see if anyone else
    Ira> has this issue and if there are any ideas on how to keep a
    Ira> limit on max locked memory while still allowing MVAPICH to
    Ira> run.

Not really -- registering memory for use with RDMA requires that it be
locked, and MVAPICH wants to register a lot of memory.  I guess
setting a large limit would work too, but I don't know exactly how
large the limit would have to be -- and it would probably depend on
what MPI codes you're running.

 - R.