[openib-general] special qp's creation from userspace

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue May 30 06:20:27 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 05:35, yipee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I use ib_mad_port_close() (mad.c) to close qp0 & qp1

Yes, that would close QP0/1 on each port. Just unloading the ib_mad
module will have that effect. All agents and managers (using ib_mad)
should be stopped. I'm presuming you don't want these to run.

> amd reopen them from a userspace application?

I'm not sure whether user verbs supports the special QPs (QP0/1) or not
but I suspect not (since it doesn't appear that port_num can be supplied
to ibv_create_qp).

> That way I can handle all mads without any kernel intervention?

There would still be kernel intervention as these MADs will need to be
moved in and out of userspace; just less intervention.

-- Hal