[openib-general] local QP error notification

somenath somenath at veritas.com
Wed Nov 1 14:17:33 PST 2006

0. after disconnecting a cable (we just used a switch interface to
disable a port)
for a connected qpair,  we get errors  when try to send a packet on that
port
(this is expected).  but

1. don't get errors when try to post receive a packet. is this expected?
2. don't get any of the  IB_EVENT_CQ_ERR,
    IB_EVENT_QP_FATAL, (ib_event_type) errors..

a. when is a good time for ULPs to issue disconnect and destroy qpairs in
such cases? should it do it in step  0? should it expect step 1 and 2 to
happen?

b. what is expected  when we  connect the  cable  back?  I assume  for RC QP
we must  destroy the  connection/QP in case of such error, it will
never come back
to ok state. is that right?

thanks, som.