[openib-general] questions and a comment on the perftest package

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 7 03:47:06 PST 2006

> I don't see who does the -pong here, its a client doing rdma read from
> (rdma write to) a server.

Correct for rdma read.

Rdma write is a bit more involved - although merging lat/bw tests there
is also a good idea IMO.  Basically, I think we'll need to do polling at
the server side, and do a pong from server to client. Message sizes can
be made configurable - this gives you duplex test as a case, too.

BTW, this will make it possible to move the BW measurement to the server
and this has some advantages over the current measurements:
- can detect packet loss for UC and UD
- can actually measure peak bandwidth as we don't care about ack delay

--
MST