[openib-general] osm_state_mgr_process and osm_sm_state_mgr_process

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 7 04:36:26 PST 2006

Michael Arndt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an idea or concept why the state managment is seperate in these two
> functions.
> I would really like if the answer isn't just yes or no.:)

The osm_state_mgr_process file is describing the OpenSM state machine.
The osm_sm_state_mgr_process latter defines the SM state machine
following the IBTA SM states and their transitions.
The first one is far more complex and defines the stages required to
discover and configure the fabric.
The second one is used to track the SM state in terms that are IBTA
compliant and standard. They are also map directly to SM states
available in the SMInfo attribute.