[openib-general] [discuss] Re: 2.6.19-rc4: known unfixed regressions (v3)

Matthew Wilcox matthew at wil.cx
Wed Nov 8 04:22:37 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 08:39:44AM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
> ACPI knows the number of busses.

But what if the number of busses increases later, eg by hotplugging
a card with a PCI-PCI bridge on it?  Or does it know the number of
busses which can be supported by this machine's MMCONFIG region?
If so, why isn't this information reported in the MCFG table properly
instead of claiming to support 0-255?