[openib-general] ifconfig down stuck

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Nov 15 02:18:30 PST 2006

OK, what seems to have happened was that we had a catastrophic
error on mthca, which triggered a hotplug remove.
That, in turn, is waiting for net device ref count to get to 0.
But is it normal that the ref count is negative?

Quoting r. Michael S. Tsirkin <mst at mellanox.co.il>:
Subject: [openib-general] ifconfig down stuck

running nightly tests on latest IB code from Linus' git tree (backported
to 2.6.9), ifconfig down got stuck at some point. I see a ton of

unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage count = -61
unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage count = -61
unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage count = -61
unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage count = -61
unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage count = -61
unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage count = -61
unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage count = -61
unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage count = -61

in dmesg

--
MST