[openib-general] Question about the query QP mask

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Nov 16 11:42:56 PST 2006

 > What should be the expected behavior?
 > Should this description should be changed or should the low level drivers
 > of mthca and ipath need to be changed?

The mask is used as a hint to the low-level driver about which
attributes the consumer cares about.  The driver may fill in more
fields, but it can use the mask to optimize some calls, if filling in
a particular field is expensive and that field is not requested by the
consumer.

I guess we should update the documentation to reflect this.

 - R.