[openib-general] Infiniband on Debian etch RC1

Diego Guella diego.guella at sircomtech.com
Fri Nov 17 06:36:39 PST 2006

Hi,

I just installed Debian Etch RC1 on a Dell PowerEdge 1950.

I have written an application that performs a RDMA read and write on a server, and it works on Suse 9.3 with OFED 1.0 installed.

Now, when I start that application on Debian, I got the following error:

-----
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
-----

Googling around, I saw that in /sys/class there should be a 'infiniband_verbs' directory, but in Debian there isn't.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks,
Diego