[openib-general] question - mapping QPIDs back to ptrs

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Nov 17 14:22:58 PST 2006

The Chelsio driver is hogging lots of memory right now for mapping
PDIDs, QPIDs, CQIDs, and STAG IDs back to their respective kernel
structures.  This is done via an array of pointers, indexed by the ID.
The critical performance mapping is finding a QP struct from the QPID in
the poll path.

Arrays are fast, but it hogs LOTS of kernel memory.  And I've been asked
WTF am I doing with all the memory.  :-\

So I need to change this.

Can other RDMA providers point me at similar code in their drivers?  Are
you using IDRs for this?  Or some other structure?  Or do you not need
to do this in your implementation?

Thanks,

Steve.