[openib-general] add SIGUSR1 to reopen osm.log

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Nov 20 10:43:40 PST 2006

Ira,

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 20:53, Ira Weiny wrote:
> Our sysadmins have been rotating OpenSM's osm.log file and then restarting
> OpenSM.  As this is a less than optimal solution if you have jobs running on
> the system, I wrote this patch (against OFED 1.1) which adds a handler for
> SIGUSR1 that reopens OpenSM's log file without a restart.

This is a good idea to incorporate into OpenSM.

Any objections if this is bundled with SIGHUP handling rather than
SIGUSR1 which is not backward compatible as Sasha indicated ?

There may be additional option in this space (rotate or reopen, etc.).
I'll post an updated patch probably some time next week.

BTW, patches should be included as text rather than attachments. Also,
patches should be relative to trunk rather than something else (OFED
1.1). This all makes for more work for the maintainer to try to
incorporate these :-(

-- Hal