[openib-general] Infiniband on Debian etch RC1

Diego Guella diego.guella at sircomtech.com
Tue Nov 21 06:27:26 PST 2006

>> Nov 21 14:04:36 183733 [0000] -> SM port is down
>
> Why is the SM port down ?

I really don't know. For what I know about Infiniband, the SM port it's a
virtual port used by the SM to
do his tasks, discovery of the ports, in-band management, etc..,
and that port is 'visible' from a SM through all the physical ports by the
SM.

The SM is executed from the PE2850 server, which has a MHES28 card.
>From the physical Port 1 of this machine there is a cable that goes to the
physical Port 1 of PE1950server.
The LEDs on the ports are on, the green LED and the yellow LED.

Do I need to connect all the ports in a switch? What should I do to bring
the SM port up?

>> Nov 21 14:06:06 197568 [0000] -> Entering MASTER state
>>
>> Nov 21 14:06:06 202672 [0000] -> SUBNET UP

What is the meaning of these 2 lines of the log? Does these mean that the
port is now up?

> The key issue appears to me to be why the SM port is down. This needs to
> be resolved and then go from there...

Thanks,
Diego