[openib-general] DevCon "decision" on userspace

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Nov 21 14:07:39 PST 2006

Sasha wrote,

Thanks for stepping in and doing this work. My comments below.

>Everything (except ibutils) was converted from gen2/*/src/userspace/.
>libibverbs and libmthca are not in the list because it is already
>converted by Roland and published on kernel.org.

Should we mirror Roland's libibverbs and libmthca git trees somewhere on
the openfabrics
server so that the openfabrics server contains a copy of all of the
code?

>5. I will place symbolic links to maintainer's trees at /pub/scm , so
>  maintainer's trees will be visible via gitweb (and also accessible by
>  git as git://staging.openfabrics.org/<project-name>)

Or can you have a symboic link to kernel.org for Roland's libibverbs and
libmthca ?

>Any comments, suggestions, objections?

Should we have either a mirror git tree or symbolic link in /pub/scm to
the
kernel code too ? Roland's git tree, and the git tree's for the other
kernel components
that are not yet in Roland's tree, SDP, etc.

woody