[openib-general] DevCon "decision" on userspace

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Nov 21 16:33:28 PST 2006

Sasha wrote

>As above this is probably possible via "fake" trees or so, but not
sure.
>Do we really want to host kernel sources? It is hosted fine on
kernel.org
>today.

>Sasha

For the things that are already accepted into Roland or Linus's trees at
kernel.org, it is probably OK just to point people there, as long as the

information on how and where to get the kernel.org pieces is documented
on the OpenFabrics website, or perhaps a wiki.

However for the kernel components that are not yet in Rolands tree,
example SDP, we should have a git tree on the OpenFabrics server
where people can get the code.

Just to whine one more time.....
This new SCM process is going to be a lot harder
to deal with than then old SVN tree was, where I could just
do one svn checkout and get all the code. Now I will have to
git checkout from 10-15 individual git trees located on different
servers, some at kernel.org, some on OpenFabrics and hope it all
works together.
Should be interesting to see how well this works.

woody