[openib-general] Initial Plan for userspace git trees

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Nov 22 11:41:42 PST 2006

Bryan wrote,

>git doesn't track empty directories.  You can work around this by
either
>committing an empty file in those directories, or by fixing autogen.sh
>so that it does a "mkdir -p config".

>	<b

This is probably something that each maintainer should add to thier
autogen.sh.

I also tried to build the ipath verbs project and got the following
error. Perhaps due to just having stale code in the SVN tree and I hope
you will get an up to date version into git.

 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -g -O2 -MT
src_ipathverbs_la-verbs.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/src_ipathverbs_la-verbs.Tpo
-c src/verbs.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/src_ipathverbs_la-verbs.o
src/verbs.c: In function `ipath_reg_mr':
src/verbs.c:126: error: too few arguments to function `ibv_cmd_reg_mr'
make[1]: *** [src_ipathverbs_la-verbs.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/userspace/libipathverbs'
make: *** [all] Error 2