[openib-general] Problem with using krping

Krishna Kumar2 krkumar2 at in.ibm.com
Wed Nov 22 20:46:51 PST 2006

Hi,

While using amso cards and running krping with :

server: /bin/echo server,port=9999,verbose,addr=x.x.x.x > /proc/krping
client: /bin/echo client,port=9999,verbose,addr=x.x.x.x > /proc/krping

the client fails with (in /var/log/messages) :
        "c2_get_dma_mr:423
        couldn't vmalloc page_list of size 0
        krping: recv_buf reg_mr failed"

The problem (for me) happens since c2_reg_phys_mr() calculates page_shift
was as 15 and size is 0xffffffff resulting in pbl_depth getting set to
zero, and
vmalloc returns NULL. When I changed c2_get_dma_mr() on both server/client
to use address 0xefffffff, the tests works correctly.

What is the right fix for this problem ? I am using *rc3 bits and krping
is from
the gen2/*/utils directory, and at revision 10156.

Thanks,

- KK