[openib-general] How to avoid "ibwarn: [27319] port_alloc: umad port id 0 is already allocated for mthca0 1" when trying to reconnect to SA.

Bub Thomas thomas.bub at thomson.net
Thu Nov 23 09:11:37 PST 2006

Our application is querying the LID, GUID and subnetID for a given
service at the SA.
In order to do so before every connection to the data source, which
might last for several ours or some seconds, a connection to the SA is
established via the osm interface.
After that I'm tearing down the connection to the SA
For the next connection, which might be to another server,  I have to do
all over again.
My problem is that I can only establish a connection to the SA once!
A second attempt to build up a connection gives the error message above.

Any idea/help welcome:

Here is the code I'm using to build up the connection to the SA:

complib_init();
osm_log_construct(&_osmLog);
if ((status = osm_log_init_v2(&_osmLog, TRUE, 0x0001, NULL, 0, TRUE ))
!= IB_SUCCESS )
{
     return -1;
}
osm_log_set_level(&_osmLog, OSM_LOG_NONE);
_osmVendorPtr  = osm_vendor_new(&_osmLog, 100);
osm_mad_pool_construct(&_osmMadPool);
if ((status = osm_mad_pool_init(&_osmMadPool, &_osmLog)) != IB_SUCCESS )
{
     return -1;
}
_osmBindHandle = osmv_bind_sa  (_osmVendorPtr, &_osmMadPool,
_localGid.global.interface_id);
if (_osmBindHandle == OSM_BIND_INVALID_HANDLE)
{
    return -1;
}

And this is the code I'm trying to tear down the connection to th SA

osm_mad_pool_destroy(&_osmMadPool);

if (_osmVendorPtr)
{
    osm_vendor_delete(&_osmVendorPtr);