[openib-general] Is an umad_close_port a good idea after I disconnect from the SA with osm_vendor_delete ?

Bub Thomas thomas.bub at thomson.net
Fri Nov 24 04:31:35 PST 2006

Yesterday I complained about getting the message:

"Ibwarn: [27319] port_alloc: umad port id 0 is already allocated for
mthca0 1"

when re-connecting to the SA with a osmv_bind_sa.

Today I could resolve the issue by doing an umad_close_port after the
osm_vendor_delete.
While I don't have a documentation (means example code ;-)) that
proposes/does this I'm wondering if this is a really a good idea?

As always any thoughts / ideas / opinions welcome.
Thomas