[openib-general] opensm RFC: access switch object via node

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Mon Nov 27 05:14:00 PST 2006

Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> On 14:18 Mon 27 Nov     , Eitan Zahavi wrote:
>
>> Hi Sasha,
>>
>> The idea is to add a check to drop manager such that the database is
>> consistent:
>> 1. A node has a switch pointer but the map of switch by guid is missing
>> that pointer
>> 2. The switch by guid table has entries that do not have a node (I think
>> this is already covered)
>>

> I see. Probably this is "overkill" in general, but it could be not bad
> to have this some period for debug purposes. I will think about this
> option. Thanks for idea.
>
> Sasha

The main reason to have drop manager is to handle inconsistencies caused
by dropped packets in the discovery process.
E.g a node that is marked as a switch but the SwitchInfo SubnGetResp
never made it to the SM.
Maybe this can not happen in the case of the new pointer. But I think
writing a standalone checker for the DB
consistency is a good debugging method.