[openib-general] [CM] what happen if the path in the REQ packet (primary or altrenate) is not reversible?

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Mon Nov 27 05:54:52 PST 2006

Hi Dotan,

My understanding of the spec is that:
For the primary path
1. The active side should issue PathRecord request for itself such that
it is able to send data to the passive side
2. The active side should issue PathRecord request for a path from the
Passive side back to itself. The results should be filled into the REQ.

If one wants to get smarter a single PathRecord could serve both
directions if in the request PathRecord the "reversible" bit is set.
If there are reversible paths - the PathRecord in the response could be
used for both directions.
Otherwise (if the response is "NO RECORD FOUND") the two queries above
will be needed.

Anyway the code should not assume the fabric is "reversible" from every
node to every other node.

EZ