[openib-general] git stuff

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Mon Nov 27 18:27:34 PST 2006

Jeff wrote,
>In Tampa, we (can't remember who, excactly -- perhaps it was in the
>last few minutes of the meeting on Friday when we were standing
>around chatting before leaving for the airport?) discussed doing dry
>runs of all this stuff working up to the con call on 4 Dec and having
>a brief sync point on the con call before actually doing a final
>import for any parts of the SVN repo that were not already synced/
>converted and then cutting over to git.

>Does that sound like a good plan?

Not sure I was at that chatting meeting, but it looks like we are
well on the way to converting from SVN to git. From what I have
tested so far, the userspace libraries that sasha imported, seem to
be working. We do need to agree on a date when we all stop using
SVN and only use git. I think this can be left up to each maintainer
to clone, prune, and then publish their tree.

When can everyone be ready for the cutover ?

For the kernel components, things are not quite as far along.
We have Rolands 	git tree, but there are several components like
the ucma, SDP, that we need either a branch in Rolands tree or
the maintainer to clone Rolands tree and publish their branch
so that we can get to all the latest code for OFED releases or
just general OFA testing of the code in development.
Dec 4 is a great goal, but we really need the maintainers to
commit to a date when then can be ready.

my 2 cents,
woody