[openib-general] What's in infiniband.git

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Nov 28 13:12:23 PST 2006

>What about all the new code of CMA?

The changes appear to be causing crashes in ipoib.  Until we at least understand
why the crashes are occurring, we should hold off merging them upstream.

>Also - what about the SA cache? I understand its important thus it
>should go to the kernel too.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend pushing the sa cache upstream.  It's assists
with scalability issues on very large clusters, but I believe that there may be
a userspace solution that could work better as a longer term solution.  But, for
a short term solution, it's available and hidden from the user.