[openib-general] user level git tree & components

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Nov 28 15:10:59 PST 2006

Steve Wise wrote,

>>In particular, the Ammasso kernel driver is in 2.6.19, so if you're
>>using that kernel base for OFED 1.2, you might want the user lib too.

Yes it looks like the Amaso kernel driver is already in the OFED 1.2
tree
published ib ~vlad, so it seems reasonable that you would want to
include the
library as well.

>> Also, do we think there will be drivers available for some of the
other
>> iWarp cards ready for OFED 1.2 ? or will these have to wait till a
later
>> release ?
>>

>What is the OFED 1.2 time line?

The strawman timeline was discussed in Tampa and should be available in
the slides that I think are now posted somewhere. (target release in
early Apr
with Alpha/Beta and RCs between now and then) the strawman feature list
and timeline is to be discussed and finalized at the Dec 4. EWG working
meeting.
At least that is what I recall from what was discussed in Tampa.

woody