[openib-general] git stuff

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Nov 29 00:54:13 PST 2006

> Quoting r. Woodruff, Robert J <robert.j.woodruff at intel.com>:
> Subject: RE: git stuff
>
> Michael wrote,
> >OFED kernel git tree is already there at
> >~vlad/ofed_1_2/.git
>
> >This includes SDP, cma patches, backports to a variety of kernels
> >and scripts to build against old kernels.
> >So the kernel part is sufficiently covered in my opinion.
>
> I took a look at vlad/ofed_1_2 but did not see the ucma in
> the infiniband/core directory. Is this suppose to be there or is
> there a separate patch for this somewhere else ?
> The ucma was part of the SVN tree and OFED 1.1 but seems to be
> missing from the ofed_1.2 tree that is posted.
>
> woody

Yes, that needs to be added. Basically this depends on the multicast changes in
SA and these seem to cause crashes in IPoIB, so I'm wating for it to be fixed -
otherwise I can do no real work.  An alternative would be for now to take the
UCMA code without multicast (that's basically what OFED 1.1 had) and later
replace it.

If someone can do the job of preparing UCMA code without the multicast
dependency, I can put it in the 1.2 git for now.

--
MST