[openib-general] SDP WAN + Development

Steven Carter scarter at ornl.gov
Wed Nov 29 08:31:16 PST 2006

We are doing testing with SDP over a 1400 mile SONET circuit using
Obsidian Longbows.  We get great performance with RDMA using RC with
large messages sizes, but poor performance with SDP.  It appears linked
to the fact that SDP uses the system page size as the message size.
This is, of course, because it is not meeting the BDP requirements of
the WAN link.  First, could someone verify the sanity of this diagnosis?
Second, does anyone have a recommendation other than going through the
code and changing the message size to a value higher than the page
size?  And third, is there a better method for doing development on a
specific version of the stack other than changing the embedded tar file
and building the RPMs (e.g. checking out a particular version tag from
the svn tree) for the build that I have (OFED-1.0.1)?

Thanks,

Steven.